BUILT FOR OUTSIDE. BUILT TO OUT RIDE.
We took the brand-new body style and endless capabilities of the full-sized Alterra, and adapted them for the more compact 450/400 mid-sized models. Part workhorse, part warrior, these machines are more nimble, lightweight and versatile than the competition. Everything from the Duramatic automatic transmission, trail-tuned independent suspension, on-the-fl y 2WD/4WD and rear hitch, all the way down to the front winch and powder coated steel rims that give you 11"/27,9cm of ground clearance. Needless to say, we didn’t mess around with these newly styled Alterras.
Fully Independent Suspension (Midsize)
The fully independent suspension on the Alterra™ 450 and 400 models gives you an impressive 10 inches of ground clearance and 7 inches of suspension travel on a smaller machine. The double A-arms optimize wheel motion, translating into more responsive steering and better cornering.
Front and Rear Impact-Resistant Racks
Strong and durable. These impact-resistant racks are rated for 75 lbs. carrying capacity on the front and 150 lbs. on the rear.
Transmission Automatic Duramatic
Our Duramatic™ automatic transmission is as bulletproof as they come. It’s made of a centrifugal clutch with primary and driven belt clutches. As RPMs rise, the centrifugal clutch engages, allowing the primary clutch to be engaged with the belt at all times, reducing belt wear and extending belt life.
Alterra Rear Towing Device
All Alterra Models are equipped with a rugged, automotive-style 50mm ball with trailer connector (7-pin) towing device simplifies towing applications.
ERGONOMICS AND TURNING RADIUS
The new Alterra chassis features a more upright sitting position, delivering improved ergonomics and reducing handling effort. These machines are indeed more maneuverable, with an improved turning radius, while requiring a shorter reach from the rider.
- Bore & Stroke (mm)89 x 71,2
- Engine TypeSOHC, 4-stroke, 4-valve EFI
- Engine displacement (cc)443
- Gas / DieselGas
- Cooling SystemLiquid with fan
- Overall length (cm/in.)214,1
- Overall width (cm/in.)114,3
- Overall height (cm/in.)118,9
- Wheelbase (cm/in.)121,9
- Wheelbase (Short/Long)Short Wheel Base
- Ground Clearance (cm/in.)25,4 / 10
- Dry weight305 / 672,4
- TransmissionAutomatic CVT with EBS
- Gear SelectionL / H / N / R
- Drive System2/4 WD Electric
- Front brakesHydraulic Disc
- Rear brakesHydraulic Disc
- Front SuspensionDouble A-Arm
- Suspension Travel - Front (cm/in.)17,8 / 7
- Rear SuspensionDouble A-Arm
- Suspension Travel - Rear (cm/in.)17,8 / 7
- Type ApprovalsLOF / Off Road (NH) / T3
- Number of Seats2
Towing / Hauling
- Rack Capacity - Front (kg/lbs.)34 / 75
- Rack/Box Capacity - Rear (kg/lbs.)68,1 / 150
- Alternator Capacity (amps)23
- Fuel Capacity (lt./gal.)15 / 3,96
- Tire Front25x8-12
- Tire Rear25x10-12
- Featuresfront mounted 3.000 lbs. / 1.360 kg winch
fully independent suspension
Duramatic automatic transmission
Electronic fuel injection (EFI)
Powder-coated steel rims
Impact resistant racks front and rear
Hitch w. 50mm ball and trailor connector (7pin)